Areas Of Practice
Business Transactions, Real Estate, Litigation, Title Insurance, Estate Planning & Probate, Eminent Domain & Regulatory Takings, Family Law and Land Use Planning
Mr. Copple has been in private practice with the firm since 1966. He is admitted to the Idaho Bar and the U.S. District Court, District of Idaho, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, and Supreme Court of the United States.
He regularly represents his clients in Idaho’s state and federal courts as well as in mediations and arbitrations.
Mr. Copple’s expertise also includes advising his clients regarding their estate plans and the transfer of their assets to the next generation through the use of simple and complex wills and trusts.
He regularly advises property owners regarding their rights when the government seeks to condemn property.
- University of Idaho B.A. 1964 (Cum Laude)
- University of Idaho Law School J.D. 1966
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa; Phi Gamma Mu; Phi Kappa Phi
Admissions & Affiliations
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court of Idaho
- U.S. Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association
- Idaho State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Pi Gamma Mu
- Instructor-Idaho Trial Lawyers Association: Eminent Domain Seminar, Pocatello, ID;
- Instructor- Eminent Domain & Inverse Condemnation in Idaho, Boise, ID
- Idaho State Legislature: 1968 to 1974
- National Football League (NFL) P.A. Certified Agent (Retired)
Samples of Mr. Copple’s Reported Idaho Supreme Court Cases
- Middlekaugg, et al. v. Lake Cascade, Inc., et al. 103 ID 832, 654 P.2d 1385 (1982)
- Ada County Highway District v. Acarrequi, 105 ID 873, 673 P.2d 1067 (1983)
- Emery v. United Pacific Ins. Co., 120 ID 244, 815 P.2d 442 (1991)
- The Senator, Inc. v. Ada County, Bd. of Equalization, 138 ID 566, 67 P.3d 45 (2003)