Send E-mail to Mr. Copple | Phone: (208) 342-3658
Areas Of Practice
Business Transactions, Real Estate, Litigation & Mediation, Banking, Title Insurance, Shopping Centers, Estate Planning & Probate, Charitable Giving
Mr. Copple has been in private practice experience in Idaho since 1976, advising and representing some of Idaho’s most successful and prominent entrepreneurs, businesses, banks, title insurance companies, real estate investors and high net worth individuals regarding all facets of their personal and business affairs, real estate transactions and litigation.
He regularly represents his clients in Idaho’s state and federal courts as well as in mediations and arbitrations.
Mr. Copple’s expertise also includes advising his clients regarding their estate plans and the transfer of their wealth to the next generation through the use of simple and complex wills and trusts.
He regularly advises some of Idaho’s most important family foundations and charities regarding their legal affairs.
Mr. Copple’s National Legal Ability Rating: “AV” (R)
Mr. Copple has received the highest possible Legal Ability Rating of “A” for Very High to Preeminent with the highest possible Ethical Standards Rating of “V” for Very High.*
- University of Idaho B.A. 1974 (Summa Cum Laude)
- University of Idaho J.D. 1976
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa; Phi Alpha Theta; Phi Kappa Phi
Admissions & Affiliations (1976)
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court of Idaho
- U.S. Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- Idaho State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Samples of Mr. Copple’s Reported Idaho Supreme Court Cases
- West Wood vs. Acord, 106 P. 3rd 401 (2005)
- Galaxy Outdoor vs. Idaho Trans. Dept., 710 P. 2d 602 (1985)
- Kromrei vs. Aid Ins., 716 P. 2d 1321 (1986)
- Adams vs. Anderson, 20 P. 3rd 855 (2005)
- Gibbens vs. Weisshaupt, 570 P. 2d 870 (1977)
- International Engineering vs. Daum, 630 P. 2d 155 (1981)
- Blechmann vs. Blaine County, 706 P. 2d 70 (1985)
- Capps vs. Wood, 718 P. 2d 1216 (1986)
- Leppaluoto vs. Warm Springs Hollow Homeowners Assoc., 752 P. 2d 605 (1988)
- Nampa Meridian Irr. Dist. vs. Washington Federal, 20 P.3rd 702 (2001)
Corporate Directorships Held By Mr. Terry Copple Can Be Provided Upon Request